Tech Tuesday: How to Activate the Dictation Feature on Your Mac
Tired of typing papers? Or maybe you’re just really not feeling like typing and want to dictate your notes, thoughts, or next assignment? If you have a Mac, use these simple 8 steps to get the dictation on your computer working instead of paying loads of money for the Dragon software or other apps:
1. Go to the apple menu
2. Click on system preferences
3. Towards the bottom, click on “Dictation & Speech”
4. Click “on”
5. Then click “Use Enhanced Dictation”
6. Let the “enhanced” version download really quick. Should be less than 3-5 minutes depending how good your internet connection is.
7. You can use this feature in Word Documents or even in other note-taking applications like Evernote!
8. Press the “fn” (function) key twice to activate! Let the paper writing begin!
Staff Writer: Victoria Rodriguez