Students who wish to make a first-time request for disability services at the University of Pennsylvania must complete the following steps:
- Complete a Self-Identification Form through the MyWLRC Student Portal
- Submit documentation of disability
- Schedule an initial appointment with an SDS staff member
Students are strongly advised to register with SDS upon matriculation into the University; it can take up to 4 weeks to review documentation and approve accommodations.
All disability documentation is reviewed by the SDS Documentation Review Committee to determine if the documentation meets both the SDS published disability documentation guidelines and the statutory requirements under Section 504 and the ADA. Accompanying documentation (e.g., accommodation memos from SAT, ACT, GRE, etc., IEPs/504 plans, letter from previous educational institution’s disability office) are welcomed to complement the medical documentation; however, the supporting materials alone do not substantiate the need for an accommodation.
Please select the documentation guidelines that pertain to your medical condition:
Referrals for Educational Evaluations
SDS maintains an updated list of local providers who can conduct educational evaluations as a reference for students. This list is not exhaustive, and SDS does not endorse the providers listed here. Please contact the providers directly for more information regarding anticipated charges.
Guide to Completing the Registration Process
How to Complete a Self-Identify Form to Register with SDS
Schedule an Initial Appointment
- Navigate to the MyWLRC Student Portal and log in to schedule your Initial Appointment.
- Select Appointment from the left menu, then Request New Appointment.
- Under Type, choose Student Disabilities Services > SDS Initial Appointment.
- You can edit the date and time range to fit your schedule.
- For Location, choose Weingarten Learning Resources Center.
- You can search for the name of your specialist. Check your Accommodation Request-Meeting Required email for the name of your specialist. If you are unsure, the system will generate the name of your specialist when you select Check Availability.
- You can select the days of the week you are available.
- Click Check Availability.
- Next, select an appointment time from the right-hand side of the page.
- A new Confirm Appointment window opens. Follow the on-screen prompts as you wish to finalize the appointment and click Submit Request.
- You and your specialist will receive email confirmation of your appointment.
- You can view your approved appointment in MyWLRC by going to Appointments à Approved Appointments.
- To add the appointment to your calendar, click on the three vertical dots under the appointment time and select Add to Calendar.