Student Disabilities Services

Welcome to SDS

  • If you are a returning student to SDS, you will be able to submit a Semester Request for your Fall Courses beginning Monday, August 23, 2021 
  • If you are a new student to SDS please follow the instructions below under New Accommodation Request.

Note: Questions can be sent to and our staff will follow up.

At Student Disabilities Services (SDS) we work closely with students who self-identify with a disability, in order to ensure equal access to all University programs, activities and services. The University of Pennsylvania is committed to providing the same exceptional opportunities to all Penn students. Policies and procedures have been developed to provide students with as much independence as possible and to promote self-advocacy. We encourage you to learn more about our services on our website. You will find information about the services we provide as well as procedures for requesting accommodations. We also invite you to contact SDS to address your specific access needs as part of our collaborative process.

Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the Penn community (see COVID-19 Response), our physical office is closed to the public, however we are currently offering remote support services for students. SDS staff members are available by phone and email to answer questions about accessibility and accommodations. Contact SDS directly by email or phone at 215-573-9235.

The bullet points below will provide guidance on features available in the MyWLRC portal.

New Accommodation Request

  • Login to MyWLRC and select Accommodation and click on Accessibility Request.
  • Complete the Self-Identify Form and upload your documentation of disability, if available.
  • More information on the registration process is available on the Documentation Guidelines page.
  • Students are strongly advised to register with SDS upon matriculation into the University; it can take up to 4 weeks to review documentation and approve accommodations.
How to Complete a Self-Identify Form

Accommodations for Fall Courses

  • Returning students: Login to MyWLRC. Select Accommodation, then select Semester Request, and click Add New to submit your request.
  • If you are making a first-time request for accommodations at Penn for a fall course, please read “New Accommodation Requests” above.
How to Submit a Semester Request


  • Login to MyWLRC and select Appointments. Click Request New Appointment and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You may cancel or reschedule your appointment up to one hour in advance of the scheduled time. In MyWLRC, go to Appointments and select Approved Appointments. Click on the three vertical dots under the appointment time, and select either Reschedule or Cancel. 
How to Schedule a SDS Appointment 
Note: For Type select Student Disability Services, then SDS Follow-up or SDS Initial Appointment

Exam Accommodations

  • Students: Continue to use MyWLRC to request your exam accommodations at least 7 days prior to the exam date.
  • Login to MyWLRC and select Schedule Accommodated Exam from the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
  • Click the New Booking Request button on the bottom left side of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Faculty: The Canvas website has information on how to add extended time accommodations.
  • Faculty: Contact SDS with questions about how to provide other testing accommodations.

Note Taking Accommodations

  • Contact SDS with questions about note taking accommodations.

Alternate Format Materials and Assistive Technology

  • To request alternate format materials, login to MyWLRC, select Accommodation, and then select Alternative Format.
  • Click Student Entered, then click Upload Document for Alternative Format Request to provide book or article information. More information is available on the Alternative Format Materials page.
  • Questions about assistive technology and digital accessibility can be sent to Amrou Ibrahim.

Disability-Related Housing Accommodations

Details coming soon for the 2022-2023 academic year.